Where to go for lunch with a child?

Amyvictoria

I volunteer and take a 12 year old, who is in care, out every so often. This Saturday he wants to go into Sheffield city centre.

Every time we’ve gone out he’s opted for McDonalds for lunch. I hate the place.

Can anyone suggest somewhere in the town centre I can try and tempt him away from McDonald’s with? I was thinking somewhere that does decent home made burgers with a bit of salad or something and more choice for me.

Everywhere I can think of is a pub and it’s probably not appropriate to take a child into a pub – even if they have those special licences – which I don’t know which ones do. I’ve not got much experience with children – help!!

I volunteer and take a 12 year old, who is in care, out every so often. This Saturday he wants to go into Sheffield city centre.

Can anyone suggest somewhere in the town centre I can try and tempt him away from McDonald’s with? I was thinking somewhere that does decent home made burgers with a bit of salad or something and more choice for me.

Everywhere I can think of is a pub and it’s probably not appropriate to take a child into a pub – even if they have those special licences – which I don’t know which ones do. I’ve not got much experience with children – help!!

Sorry no suggestions but just wanted to say well done for helping out this young lad...............

Hi Amy,

I often take my daughters to the Ha HA bar in the peace gardens. They do great burgers and the kids love it.

Good luck

I really like Blue Moon Cafe, behind the cathedral - but that's a big step from McDonalds style wise! Leopold Square has nice restuarants, but maybe expensive and a bit formal. West Street has Nando's which he might like - you could walk up or get the tram. If he's not too grown up for it, you could then go to Weston Park museum, which also has a nice cafe. My nine year old son likes the computer programme in little booth opposite the fallen tree exhibit, where you design creatures to withstand climate change. It's a very popular programme with a range of age ranges, so quite sociable. There are some more computer programmes at the end of that room, near the now empty beehive. Good Luck! Katy

Archived