Looking for friends and relatives of Barbara Trown Barker

jroehm22

I have heard from her ex-husband, Murlin, that they were Godparents to a child of Marie (Dawson) and Tony Fieldson (sp?) of Sheffield. This was, of course, nearly 20 years ago, so I do not know if this person still is living there. Barbara has passed away I am trying to locate friends and/or relatives. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you, Judy Roehm

• 1 year later...

I also am looking for a Barbara Trown. I knew her in the late 60s and very early 70s when she lived in southern california. She returned to England and was living in Barnes, London, but she said she was going to return to L. A. I believe her parents lived in Yorkshire. Can you verify that this is the same person. I have a photo of her many years ago.

I can provide some information from the public records that are available online. Looking at marriage records I found a Marie Dawson who married Anthony A. Fieldsend in the Wortley (near Sheffield) district in Jan-Mar 1969. So these would seem to be the godparents referred to. The electoral roll for 2004 lists only one Anthony A. Fieldsend in the whole of the UK - and sure enough, he shares an address in Sheffield with Marie Fieldsend. I have PM'd the address and telephone number to jroehm22 and noreen1.

Good luck!

This message is for Judy. I am still trying to verify that this is the same Barbara Trown that I was looking for. If it is, I would love to hear how you knew her and what her life was like. I have not yet contacted Marie Dawson. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Noreen

I was just sitting at my computer and Barbara entered my mind. I followed links and ended up here. Barbara and I met when we were in our early twenties in California and I became fast friends with her. She, Murlin, and my husband and I continued our friendship for many years. After their divorce, I lost touch with Barbara. Funny, how old friendships remain even if only in one's heart and mind. I am so sorry to hear that she has passed and would like to know more about her and what happened in all these years. Thanks, Jan

This message is for Janlee. How interesting it is that you should look for Barb now. In the last several days, I have been communicating with JRoehm22. She was Barb's close friend from 1973 until her death. I knew Barb in the late 60s to 1970 when she lived in LA. I am not sure if JRoehm22 will be responding to you from this post on the forum. I cannot send a private email on this site yet, but I can say that the Barbara Trown I was looking for is the same as Barbara Trown Barker, divorced from Murlin Barker. I shared with JRoehm 22 pictures of a San Francisco trip that Barb, I and several other close friends took in the late 60s, as well as some information from letters I received from England when Barb moved back there in 1969. It appears that Barb had many close friends throughout the years, all who kept her in their memories. I should be so lucky.

• 3 years later...

This message is for AP Bladen. Thank You for adding information on Barbara. I received quite a bit of information from JRoehm22 with some great pictures of Barbara. JRoehm22 and Barbara were very close friends for many years, until Barbara's death. I was fortunate enough to be a friend of Barbara's in the late 60s.

Archived