Jazz at the Broadfield

socrates

Can anyone remember the trad jazz gigs at the Broadfield, Nether edge Road, every Sunday evening? I used to go there regularly in around 1979/80. There is a film showing a clip of a jazz band playing in a Sheffield pub from about 1959, which looks like it might be the Broadfield, and even the same band, only about 20 years younger! Can anyone remember who tha band were?

• 2 years later...
HI,

I am running the Broadfield at the moment and am very interested in getting jazz back here. Do you know the name of the film? would be great to have that footage if it is here.

Jon

I have found out more information since I posted this. In fact it is in the Earl Grey pub on Ecclesall Road with the Mike Shore Imperial Jazz Band. You can see the film on YFA Online, SHORT STOP (1960) with some background information. If you know any more you can add it to the 'Open Space'.

It would be great if you do get jazz back at the Broadfield. Do you know the name of the trad band that would have played there about 1980?

cheers, Steve

Archived