Are you a domestic goddess?

Am I a wierdo or am I the only bloke who actually enjoys housework? I go into Home Bargains and shudder with delight if theres a new cleaning product out and I spend about a fiver a week on a bleach spray called Whizz alone- there are bottles of Domestos and disinfectant by the dozen under my kitchen sink and I put two blue bog blocks into my kharzi systerns each week and go ballistic if the water goes clear.

I wash dishes and mugs just seconds after theyve been used and and almost premanantly smell of detergent or bleach.

Tell me Im not alone in this!!!!

no your not allone, my brother-in-law is a cleaning freak! i seriously sugested to my OH that we buy him a bottle of bleach & some cleaning equipment for christmas as i know he'd love them.

their house stinks of bleach & the house is like a show house. i dernt step through the door for fear of bringing dirt & germs in.

no your not allone, my brother-in-law is a cleaning freak! i seriously sugested to my OH that we buy him a bottle of bleach & some cleaning equipment for christmas as i know he'd love them.

their house stinks of bleach & the house is like a show house. i dernt step through the door for fear of bringing dirt & germs in.

Sounds a bit obsessive to me :confused:

I'd take perverse delight in 'accidentally' trailing in some dog muck off my shoes :D

My house is like a chaotic, dusty library with stuff piled up everywhere. It's clean enough not to make you ill but I don't go psycho if there's a bit of dust when visitors call - if they don't like it they know where they can go :D

The one thing I insist on is a nice uber-clean khazi though. No 'loo blue' for me - they just hide skiddies that need cleaning out. ;) I also wash up by hand as it's quite a pleasant and relaxing job, that. It's just tidying that depresses me.

I am a pretty decent cook. Ready meals are crap because there's usually not enough to feed an anorexic in one portion.

I do cook from scratch but am frequently told it's not worth the effort.

I do ridiculously tidy, but hate the scrubbing and let's face it, it never ends if you start.

If someone is coming round it's usually spotless though.

i agree with this :thumbsup:

I like nothing more than brewing coffee and making fresh bread when I have guests coming over. I never give em any of the said items, just torture them with the aroma.

I bet you put fresh cut flowers as a centrepiece on the table and spare slippers at the ready on the doormat an all. Pull the other one.

I just seem to keep failing when it comes to the kitchen. Last night I tried to make Yorkshire puddings only to find a tray of what looked like greasy ginger biscuits. No good for eating but perhaps they will come in as drinks coasters.

Archived