Are you a domestic goddess?

Nope. I clear clutter and hoover when the carpet colour is obscured by cat fur. Life's too short to worry about getting your toilet squeaky clean.

Have you seen that ad, by the way? Some toilet cleaner which deals with the stains you can't see. If you can't see them, why are you fretting about them? And is it still a stain if it's invisible? Madness!

Cooking: that's what M&S was invented for.

Hee hee! You sound like me! :thumbsup:

I'm actually quite good at cooking but I hate doing it. Dishes only get washed when we run out of plates or cutlery :hihi:

• 3 weeks later...
I am becoming more domesticated as time goes by. I love it :D

Do any of you domestic goddesses know what to do with 2 wood pigeons.

A chap has just delivered them at the request of my OH. They still have feathers and heads etc. HELP...:help::help::help::help:

A chap has just delivered them at the request of my OH. They still have feathers and heads etc. HELP...:help::help::help::help:

Erm, yes....

Pluck the bird first of all... and then:

- Cut along the top line of the breastbone.

- Pull the skin back carefully and slice the breast away.

- Keep the knife close to the bone and work in small cuts.

- The finished item does not need to look perfect - it can be cooked whole and then sliced or sliced prior to cooking depending on the dish.

The goddess in me speaks out :D Actually, I have never prepared Pigeon before so I cheated and got some info from this place:

http://www.angliasporting.co.uk/recipes/woodpigeon-butchery-preparation.asp

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

I think it's usual with dead pigeons to wrap them in a black bag and put them in the bin. Hope that helps ;) .

Erm, yes....

- The finished item does not need to look perfect - it can be cooked whole and then sliced or sliced prior to cooking depending on the dish.

The goddess in me speaks out :D Actually, I have never prepared Pigeon before so I cheated and got some info from this place:

I thought you were describing your last date for a minute!!:o:hihi:

Erm, yes....

Just about spot on. You don't need to pluck the whole bird. Just pull a few feathers from the breast. Slit the bird along the breast bone and push the bird's sides with your thumbs. The breasts should pop out just like a teenager's chicken fillets. :hihi::hihi:

There isn't much else worth eating on a woody. Throw it away.

The breasts just need rinsing and then braise them in a little Port, pepper anfd juniper. The OH will be proud of you.

Oh... You might want to wear rubber gloves by the way.

Archived