Are you a domestic goddess?

My wife is very house proud and also likes to cook so I'm lucky. I also like everything in the house to be ship shape inside and out. Even a slightly leaky tap bugs the hell out of me and I have to fix it right away.

A friend of mine said I was obssesive compulsive but I replied "No, that's wrong. I'm not a slob, that's all"

No, Im just the opposite. I hate cooking and cleaning. Im more of an Internet Goddess !:hihi: (with 46, 902 posts):D

Me too, well not quite hate them but rather be on here any day. Taxman is an excellent cook but has trouble finding the hoover.:hihi:

I don't really believe that eveyone is leading a busy lifestyle on the whole, I think a lot of people are just lazy.

My house is always reasonably tidy and clean (I'm not an OCD 'must scrub with bleach' type person but I hate mess) and all of our food is proper food cooked at home.

I hate the phrase 'cooking from scratch' as it implies that there is some other sort of cooking - putting a packet in a microwave isn't cooking, damnit!!

I think it helps if like myself and my OH you help each other out and spread the workload evenly and fairly :)

He is an excellent cook but cannot work the iron to save his life!

I cook, clean, do the laundry; polish the woodwork; vacuum, do the pots; and generally try to keep my home clean and tidy. I cannot understand those people who like to live in filth and mess. Does my head in. I hate things that are left out of place - whether it be a bar of soap that has not been put in the soap dish, or a towel not just thrown on the floor, or socks that have been removed and left rolled in a ball in the laundry basket.

I have two saucepans I used for cooking a chinese meal in that are sitting on the side of my sink and are in need of attention. I can hear them shouting out "Clean us. Clean us", and am trying my best to ignore them.

Does not matter whether I am alone or have the family here or guests - the place has to be tidy when they have gone to bed or left for home. No getting up in the morning and having a kitchen full of dirty pots.

And I am a bloke for hades sakes!

I love cooking and baking.Don't always have time to do it, but being veggie I like to cook most of my stuff from scratch.

I'm A bit untidy but I keep the place clean.Life's too short for obsessing about housework I think.Ironing is my big avoidance, it's such a chore.

Archived