Richards Road Heeley - Any memories of it?

annbart

The shop at the end of Forster Road leading to Tillotson had a big window I think it was a Wool Shop then a Shop,my brother went through the side window after jumping on my back & I fell back & he ran back to our house screaming I am dying,it was a nasty gash though,that stopped him jumping on my back.But I always got the blame say aaaah!.

Originally posted by Applegrim

I remember a second hand shop at the top of Richards Road,it was only as big as a house window, and always looked scruffy.

yes i also remember that secondhand shop went there many times if you sold him owt he would hardly give you owt for it but would sell it for a big price in fact i think the same building is still there even now but not as a shop .

Originally posted by annbart

Does anyone have any memries of Richards Road and heeley green in the 50`s and 60`s

i remember heeley green in the 60s there was the shop at the bottom on the corner we called 2 steps tom and mabel used to run it but mabel was the gaffer and he had to do as he was told , further up on the other side was langhorns shop only a very small shop just sold cigs and sweets but i dont think he sold much at all .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
i remember heeley green in the 60s there was the shop at the bottom on the corner we called 2 steps tom and mabel used to run it but mabel was the gaffer and he had to do as he was told , further up on the other side was langhorns shop only a very small shop just sold cigs and sweets but i dont think he sold much at all .

We used to live next door to Mabel and Tom, my mum found out after a while that Tom had put a peep hole in the shop somewhere so he could spy on my mum when she was hanging washing out. Cos they wore mini skirts in them days, Mabel found out and went bonkers at him :hihi:. I dont really remember tyhem as i was only little.

Archived