Music Thread (with videos)

cressida

On 08/08/2024 at 17:00, Victor Meldrew said:

Know what you mean. This is currently mine ......

Got to be one of the most emotionally manipulative pieces of music ever, and I mean that in a good way. They used it at the end of the film Arrival and I was in bits. It's actually very simple musically, you can play it on guitar as Em9  A7  D/F#  G ad infinitum. It's up there with Barber's Adagio, and Mahler's Adagio (from Symphony No.5) as emotional/funerial music.

2 hours ago, cressida said:

They are reforming, ticket prices will be high.

The Gallagher brothers needed  to reform if you understand  what i refer to, or perhaps mature would be a better description.

I'm not that familiar with all their music but I really like that song, and enjoyed hearing it again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, janie48 said:

The Gallagher brothers needed  to reform if you understand  what i refer to, or perhaps mature would be a better description.

I'm not that familiar with all their music but I really like that song, and enjoyed hearing it again.

A BBC newsreader's just summed it up best; if you're getting tickets, get them for the early shows because there's no guarantee that they'll make it to the end 😀

32 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

A BBC newsreader's just summed it up best; if you're getting tickets, get them for the early shows because there's no guarantee that they'll make it to the end 😀

Typical  😂 

• Like 1