Band Recommendation for Weddings

We also have a couple of gigs coming up locally, which you could come to, and see what you think.

Hi Rachele

That sounds interesting, I'll see if I can make it down to a gig, maybe the West St Live one. Is there anywhere I can hear you on the internet?

Also can you give me an idea of price, it will be in Hassop Hall near Bakewell and I'm more than convinced they don't have any sound equipment!

PM if thats easier.

Ta

x

Oh PS the first dance is 'Earth Angel' (as in from Back to the Future) and I'd love a live band to do it as a sax would just be awesome. Also 'our' song is Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty, any chance it could be played?

oddsocks - what sort of prices have you been getting quoted? I am also interested in having a band but don't know how much more it will add to the budget :?

Well I've been looking on Alive network and their prices seem to range between £750 and £2000. But I'm hoping that maybe thats because its an agency....

professional bands usually charge £50 - £200 per head for each band member and a sound engineer, any more than this usually suggests a better than average pedigree. This cost usually but not always includes travel, P.A etc. If booked through an agency an adiitonal fee is usually applicable.My experience of cheaper bands that i dont know is one of unreliability caused i think by charging prices which are unsustainble. A professional party D.J is in the region of £30 - £40 an hour inc set up and breakdown. Occasional gems can be found that are cheaper than this but the general rule is the cheaper the price the higher the risk !! Also i have never seen a band that are not hungry/thirsty so check what they expect on this score if the money is tight

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Cadellin - English ceilidh band

We are a Sheffield-based English ceilidh band who regularly play for weddings. We come with our own caller so our ceilidhs are suitable for audiences who have never done ceilidh dancing before, we also provide a PA system and sound engineer. More info, including sound clips, on our website: http://www.cadellin.co.uk We're also happy to offer advice to anyone considering booking a ceilidh band even if you're not ready to book a band yet or haven't definitely decided to have a ceilidh, contact details are on the website.

• 4 weeks later...

we are a 4 piece all male, pop party band, playing songs to get you up dancing....

songs covered are from the 60's to present day chart. we also do packages where we provide the disco so it saves you the hassle of booking more entertainment.

available to travel anywhere in the UK, at excellent prices!!!!

We are 100% professional and carry a massive 6kw PA system and A computerised intelligent moving light show.

PM Me with any questions,

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20575539590

Archived