Hillsbrough in the 80s?

madowl

Thanks Royal Regular, Yes you are correct it was Burnard.

I remember the attic as phillip told me a ghost story on one occasion when I stayed there as a child.

The Last time i saw Philip was at my Mum's funeral in 1997 when he brought his mum and two other aunties. funny but at the time i thought about how small they were three aging sisters but lovely ladies and they made my dad feel better as it had been some time since he had seen them.

I believe Philip had worked a Bentley Pit in Doncaster and Bentley as where mum and dad ended there days. Small world at times.

Any idea what philip is up to now?

Originally posted by Herbert

lived at 17 dutton road from 78 till 82 i think!, why did they have to knock them down? happy days

they knocked them down due to the new road (Penistone Road)they were planning... made lots of difference did'nt it?:suspect:

Originally posted by RoyalRegular

Maybe they knocked some of em down for the new road, but they needed to come down anyway. No bathrooms or outside toilets? The houses were crap but the community was brilliant.

Outside bog in the middle of the night.... bath night was a tub in front of the cooker with the oven door open.... bliss.... what a life...

• 3 months later...

i lived on Harewood road number 24..our back yard joined on to lofthouses back yard. Got some good memories there' we turned posh after a few years though as we had an upstairs shower room put in....so no more tin baths for us on a sunday night!!!yeay.

Archived