Hillsbrough in the 80s?

madowl

I used to hang out in Hillsbourough in the 80's and 90's. My friends mum and dad ran a B&B on penistone road next to the Wedsnesday ground.

It's changed alot hasnt it

Cath

Were your friends mum & dad called Graham & Sheila?

Yes, I lived in Owlerton Green..many of my school friends from Parkside Road school lived near Bassetts.That was around 1953

We lived on Winster Road in the 50s so will probably remember your school friends.(Turtons)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever heard of the death of a baby on Hillsborough.

The story I heard was that the mother held the child near a Hot tar tub which was being used by road menders.

She allegedly dropped the baby into the tub and it died.

There was a police investigation.

I do not know the year, I wondered if anyone had any details of this terrible accident?

PopT

• 2 weeks later...
I had relatives who used to live right opposite Hillsborough park on the Penistone Road side, though obviously not as close to the Wednesday ground as you were. I think they live on't cross now like you. :)

I can't really remember what was there before the big leisure centre was built.

there were rows of terast houses on the land that the leisure centre and its carpark is built on now

• 6 months later...

Archived