Wednesday or united to make play offs??

does any one think wednesday or united will make the play offs this season or think things will stay as they are? i'd be happy for wednesday to go up but when i think of the local games to look forward to next season roth,donny,hud,chesterfield,barnsley,bradford id be happy to stay where we are, and go up champs??

As for united im not a fan but happy for them to be around the top of the championship, but dont think there good enough for a long term stint in the prem?

Neither team will make the play-offs. IMO it is too soon for Wednesday - they should have a strong, settled team next season and will be favourites to go up.

United, as I predicted before the season will miss out, and that's simply because they aren't good enough. IMO they've got some quality players but a Wigan or Ipswich they certainly ain't!

A new manager in the summer would freshen things up - it's time for a change - and if that means getting rid of the current crop of players, then so be it.

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Neither team will make the play-offs. IMO it is too soon for Wednesday - they should have a strong, settled team next season and will be favourites to go up.

United, as I predicted before the season will miss out, and that's simply because they aren't good enough. IMO they've got some quality players but a Wigan or Ipswich they certainly ain't!

A new manager in the summer would freshen things up - it's time for a change - and if that means getting rid of the current crop of players, then so be it.

i cant see utd getting a new manager and top players for next season, not the better ones anyway..their too busy givin wednesday drop outs a second chance.. why do you think Mr W should go at the lane??

He's been here since 1999, claims that this side is the best he's ever managed (it isn't: that was the one when we failed in the play-offs but made the two semi-finals. We've gone backwards since then) and seems to have run out of ideas (the Derby game illustrated this).

Whilst I acknowledge the job he has done, I think you can start to rest on your laurels, in other words, remain content in a comfort zone, happy to always be challenging without being quite good enough! (One could argue that this arrangement appeases the board of directors whom would have the task of, gasp, investing in the side, were they ever to be promoted.)

I've nothing against Warnock but believe that in the summer club and manager should part on amiable terms. I think the phrase 'freshen things up' sums up best the situation.

But, as per, it's a personal opinion.

Originally posted by Ousetunes

He's been here since 1999, claims that this side is the best he's ever managed (it isn't: that was the one when we failed in the play-offs but made the two semi-finals. We've gone backwards since then) and seems to have run out of ideas (the Derby game illustrated this).

Whilst I acknowledge the job he has done, I think you can start to rest on your laurels, in other words, remain content in a comfort zone, happy to always be challenging without being quite good enough! (One could argue that this arrangement appeases the board of directors whom would have the task of, gasp, investing in the side, were they ever to be promoted.)

I've nothing against Warnock but believe that in the summer club and manager should part on amiable terms. I think the phrase 'freshen things up' sums up best the situation.

But, as per, it's a personal opinion.

Agree with everything u put mate- spot on!!

Archived