Ronnie Crookes

xenia

Erics brother Archie was my uncle, Archie married one of my dads sisters, Phylis, thats when they all lived down Carbrook, on Webster St. they all used to booze in the Industry, next to the B & C Co-op on Carbrook St. Len Platts was another boozing partner of theirs. I guess Eric and Sadie must have moved up to Lindsay Cres from Webster st.

• 10 months later...
Erics brother Archie was my uncle, Archie married one of my dads sisters, Phylis, thats when they all lived down Carbrook, on Webster St. they all used to booze in the Industry, next to the B & C Co-op on Carbrook St. Len Platts was another boozing partner of theirs. I guess Eric and Sadie must have moved up to Lindsay Cres from Webster st.

been told Eric lives in chapletown now ,,,

Steve Crookes just like his Dad, top lad....

hiya i first knew eric ludlam when he lived in monmouth street, and later in headford street, he lived just a spit away from jack hudson in fact in the same yard this was in the 40s and 50s, also when eric worked at laycocks on a stamping machine, another name from our neck of the woods was a kid called neil hawcroft i heard he was a good boxer, his dad earnest ( sonny) was a good darts player.on an earlier post i said about eric ludlam boxing at a circus sideshow when chipperfields was on what is now devonshire green, i said i'd seen him with another boxer now i wonder if it was ronnie crookes.

hiya i first knew eric ludlam when he lived in monmouth street, and later in headford street, he lived just a spit away from jack hudson in fact in the same yard this was in the 40s and 50s, also when eric worked at laycocks on a stamping machine, another name from our neck of the woods was a kid called neil hawcroft i heard he was a good boxer, his dad earnest ( sonny) was a good darts player.on an earlier post i said about eric ludlam boxing at a circus sideshow when chipperfields was on what is now devonshire green, i said i'd seen him with another boxer now i wonder if it was ronnie crookes.

I went to see a Gentlemans evening featuring Dave Courtney with Jackie Hudson down near Derby a few years ago, another character

my dad sparred with Jackie Hudson at St Phillips gym, and Ronnie was the ref ! I have a newspaper cutting with both Albert Greatorex leaning against the ropes, and Ronnie in the back ground.

Got same picture a friend of mine is having it enlarged metro years the star saw Anne Bean on cross she was the sister of Ron and Albert married Bob bean they were neighbours of mine when i lived on Deerlands Ave...