Burial Records for Attercliffe Cemetary c.1899-1912

sezwho

Attercliffe Municipal

FRITH William 27 Oct 1893 78 steel warehouseman (rtd) 12 Burgess rd Attercliffe B1986nc

FRITH Hannah 11 Sep 1895 78 widow 9 Hammerton St Attercliffe B1986nc

Were they on the disc because I must have missed them????????

Hi All,

I've just looked for the disc I've got and it isn't an Indexers cd like I thought, it is called Sheffield Cemetery Burials from Sheffield & Distrist Family History Society. It has Attercliffe, Darnall, Tinsley, Revel Lane Woodhouse and St Michaels roman catholic (Rivelin Valley) on it ?

Hi All,

I've just looked for the disc I've got and it isn't an Indexers cd like I thought, it is called Sheffield Cemetery Burials from Sheffield & Distrist Family History Society. It has Attercliffe, Darnall, Tinsley, Revel Lane Woodhouse and St Michaels roman catholic (Rivelin Valley) on it ?

Yes it's the same one as I have but couldn't find them under Attercliffe unless mine is incomplete? :(

hi the burial records for cemetarys for sheffield and s yorks are all kept at the sheffield archive building which is on shoreham st under the red tape studio the old kennings building and next door to radio sheffield, you have to join to gain access to records of births deaths, and marriages, it costs nowt to join, but you have to pay if some record wants printing there are plenty of staff on hand to help you and some of the people looking at records will help good look

• 1 year later...

hi a friend in australia has just lost her mother and wants to come over next year but needs to know where her nan is buried to lay the ashes ,the search is for Bertha Eliza Shinwell, lived in kingslake street attercliffe, DOD poss 1970,would be very gratefull for any help Brian

Edited by Brian Bales
missed something out

Dear Brian,

Depending on where abouts Berth lived depends on where she might have been put to rest.

There is City Road Cemetary / Burngreave Cemetary / Tinsley Cemetary and ST Lawrence Cemetary ( these are the ones i know of ).

Here's an idea if Bertha's daughter has the correct date of death she'd be able to check out the Sheffield Archives or The Sheffield Star Archives too, to be able to see the Obituary & possibly where the funeral was to take place and at what time.

I hope this helps! James

Thank you very much for the quick reply i will try what you recommended, firstly got to get in touch with oz, once again many thanks Brian

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 18:51 ----------

Hi we was sent on a wild goose chase re my oz friend she sent her G/Mothers maiden name, her married name is Bertha Eliza Wagstaff DOD about 1970 lived at Kingslake street attercliffe sheffield, req info where she is laid to rest Sorry, thanking you in advance Brian