Burial Records for Attercliffe Cemetary c.1899-1912

sezwho

These are only the two that match this on SDFHS Burial disc but buried in different graves?

DAVIS John Henry 6 Aug 1936 56 labourer 12 Herries Rd/41 Lovell St Sheffield X140c

Edited by Rivelin6

yes crrect they did show on my dads birth certificate as joseph and susanna davis of omderman street thought his name was john henry i was wrong it is joseph have you any idea when they died and where they might be buried thankyou for all your help it might give me the chance to visit their resting place for the very first time because i never met my grandparents and it leaves a big void which needs filling once again thankyou for your help

yes crrect they did show on my dads birth certificate as joseph and susanna davis of omderman street thought his name was john henry i was wrong it is joseph have you any idea when they died and where they might be buried thankyou for all your help it might give me the chance to visit their resting place for the very first time because i never met my grandparents and it leaves a big void which needs filling once again thankyou for your help

There are these two possibilities for Joseph

ame: Joseph Davis

Birth: abt 1884

Death: Mar 1952 - Sheffield, Yorkshire West Riding, England

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2006

Death, Burial, Cemetery & Obituaries

Name: Joseph Davis

Birth: abt 1884

Death: Sep 1952 - Rotherham, Yorkshire West Riding, England

And this one for Susannah

Name: Susannah Davis

Birth: abt 1883

Death: Dec 1948 - Sheffield, Yorkshire West Riding, England

Edited by Rivelin6

glad we have the correct names - Joseph and Susannah Davis (nee Jarvis) Someone on Ancestry has a death for Joseph in 1952 but it also states there are two deaths for a Joseph one Sheffield one Rotherham. Something to go at least.

glad we have the correct names - Joseph and Susannah Davis (nee Jarvis) Someone on Ancestry has a death for Joseph in 1952 but it also states there are two deaths for a Joseph one Sheffield one Rotherham. Something to go at least.

Yes, can't find them on any of the discs I have and they cover Tinsley up to 1976. No luck finding them on any of the other indexers online.

i think the sheffield joseph was my granddad just goy to find out wher they are buried you have helpedme enormously thankyou to youall

---------- Post added 01-04-2013 at 21:46 ----------

smary sorry didnt get your message just learning how to use this computer

• 2 years later...

Hello. I am David Weston, and Thomas Weston was my great grandfather too. My grandfather was Jim Weston, joiner off Fox Lane Frecheville. He told me he stuffed a rabbit, but stretched the skin too much and it ended up enormous. His dad put it in his barbers shop and used to take the mickey out of my granddad, so he never stuffed anything ever again! I understand Thomas Weston was attacked and badly beaten, and died later from his injuries.

Can anyone be kind enough to search for my ancestors graves, the WESTON's of Attercliffe Common, of Dunlop St and Amberley Street. I am struggling as I live a distance away.

My great grandfather was Thomas Weston born 1875 died 1955, hairdresser, barber, taxidermist. Lived at shop 162 Attercliffe Common.

Regards

Carol.

---------- Post added 31-03-2016 at 14:37 ----------

Brenda, Carol,

I can ask my dad, Ron, where Thomas Weston is buried. Please email me. I think Dad has a few photos and I would be delighted to exchange.

Regards

Dave

---------- Post added 31-03-2016 at 14:38 ----------

Oh! And my granddad was born in Nottingham, in the Meadows. 20 years ago we went looking for the house he was born in but it was gone.