Burial Records for Attercliffe Cemetary c.1899-1912

sezwho

OK, Thanks Mr Clary. BTW... I'm sure I saw your dog yesterday, Fanny the wonder dog wasn't it. I've been waiting for the login request on that site but I'll chase and do as suggested.

U try and help someone and all you get is abuse!! And remember it 'e' not 'a' in cemetEry

It's OK Rivelin, I have maps and pinpointed a rough location but the numbers were few and far between so I just thought I'd try on the off chance. Where might I get those kind of details btw, eg a transcription of all the gravvestones in those cemetary's?

Sezwho

Depends if someone has done them. I know most of City Road has been done and Wardsend too but unsure about others. Asking people on Sheffield Indexers or Sheffield Records Online will be your best bet. I know what you mean about grave numbers though, they are very few and far between.

I do remember once going to City Road Cemetery and they did have a map of where each plot numbers were so maybe other cemeteries do the same.

Rivelin6 may I ask if you would look at your records for a Tom Kay died sometime around 1930 wife Kate Plackett. My problem is that his is a quite common name and I can't get a fix on the correct person. He was my granddad BTW. Regards Nan

Rivelin6 may I ask if you would look at your records for a Tom Kay died sometime around 1930 wife Kate Plackett. My problem is that his is a quite common name and I can't get a fix on the correct person. He was my granddad BTW. Regards Nan

Hi Nan,

Had a look at the Tinsley Records and he's not there. Is it that cemetery or another you thought he was buried in?

Hi Rivelin6, So far as I know my folks lived on Princess St Attercliffe- Tom died in between 1922-36 so far as I can find out. I am searching on Ancestry and think I have found him but a date of death would help. But having said that I don't want to be a bother and I thank you for your help in checking your records. Fascinating stuff this forefathers business:) Regards Nan

Hello Rivelin6,

If my ancestors lived and died in Carbrook, please can you tell me if they would have been buried in Attercliffe cemetery or was there one in Carbrook itself. I'm talking early 1900's.

Many thanks.

Hello Rivelin6,

If my ancestors lived and died in Carbrook, please can you tell me if they would have been buried in Attercliffe cemetery or was there one in Carbrook itself. I'm talking early 1900's.

Many thanks.

To be honest they could be buried anywhere, people travelled to the other side of the city sometimes for burials but Tinsley/Attercliffe would be the best place to start. If you give me their names I will take a look. You can pm me if you don't want to put them on an open forum.