Burial Records for Attercliffe Cemetary c.1899-1912

sezwho

Hi Rivelin6,

Just got back from my holidays to find lots of invaluable information from your good self. I am delighted. Thank you so, so, much...

Just one question. Are the references after the names, burial plots or what?

Thank you again for all your trouble.

Carol S.

Hi Rivelin6,

Just got back from my holidays to find lots of invaluable information from your good self. I am delighted. Thank you so, so, much...

Just one question. Are the references after the names, burial plots or what?

Thank you again for all your trouble.

Carol S.

Hi Carol,

Glad they are of help.Yes they are burial plot numbers.

Hi - I am also tracing my ancestors. I am looking for Ada Wright (nee Matthews). My great grandad Philip Wright was living in Sanderson Street in 1911 aged 51 and is shown as a widow living with his five children. Family heresay has Ada dying from Yellow Fever which she caught when they lived in South Africa between 1900 and pre 1911. I know she made it home to Sheffield but the trail goes cold there. Any chance you could have a look to see if she is buried in Attercliffe or Tinsley?

Had a look at the Attercliffe and Tinsley records and the only Ada Wright listed was a 9 week old child.

Hi - I am also tracing my ancestors. I am looking for Ada Wright (nee Matthews). My great grandad Philip Wright was living in Sanderson Street in 1911 aged 51 and is shown as a widow living with his five children. Family heresay has Ada dying from Yellow Fever which she caught when they lived in South Africa between 1900 and pre 1911. I know she made it home to Sheffield but the trail goes cold there. Any chance you could have a look to see if she is buried in Attercliffe or Tinsley?

Found this on free BMD

Askham Emily 0 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

Dearden Joseph Walter 0 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

FAIRWEATHER Winifred 0 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

GREEN James 63 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

HUDSON Thomas 68 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

Mason Mary Elizabeth 28 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

Newell Charlotte 0 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

Roberts Henry 63 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

WARRINGTON Ann 72 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

Wright Ada 44 Sheffield 9c 336 Scan available - click to view

Your best bet now would probably check local newspapers of the time for a death notice. Haven't been able to locate her in any cemetery so far.

Hi rivelino6

could you help me im looking for henry pickering born 1811 and lived in lester or luster street(sorry its hard to read the handwriting on some of the cencus).think he must have died sometime between 1841 and 1851 cos i can not find him on the 1851 cencus and im trying to find his wife elizabeth who moved to the three whitesmiths pub no 3 bridge street after her husband died she was born in 1816.Can not find her in the 1871 cencus so she might have died between 1861 and 1871 not sure. think thay may be at attercliffee but really not sure?could you help would love to know where thay are.

Edited by leosmom

Hi rivelino6

could you help me im looking for henry pickering born 1811 and lived in lester or luster street(sorry its hard to read the handwriting on some of the cencus).think he must have died sometime between 1841 and 1851 cos i can not find him on the 1851 cencus and im trying to find his wife elizabeth who moved to the three whitesmiths pub no 3 bridge street after her husband died she was born in 1816.Can not find her in the 1871 cencus so she might have died between 1861 and 1871 not sure. think thay may be at attercliffee but really not sure?could you help would love to know where thay are.

This could be like the transcription for their daughters' Baptisms from sheff-indexers:

Pickering, Elizabeth (of Sheffield, born 1839-09-22).

Baptised December 27, 1839, by J Gibson at Sheffield Parish Church, Church Street, Sheffield.

Parents name(s) are Elizabeth & Henry (Grinder).

Pickering, Sarah Ann (of Sheffield, born 1835-04-10).

Baptised December 27, 1835, by Wm Harris at Sheffield Parish Church, Church Street, Sheffield.

Parents name(s) are Elizabeth & Henry (Grinder

I think the address is Leicester Street.