Deposit....bond

does any one know of anywhere in barnsley, who help with the cost of a bond to give for a "house to let". they are wanting a months deposit which i can scrape together,selling some stuff. and a £600 bond.....which is proving a problem . i live in rotherham now...iv been told about "robond"....but because im moving to barnsley they cant help....ps im on benefits....thanks so much..........

Yea you can apply for a crisis loan for help with rent in advance but if you say its for a deposit/bond they will reject it. You can also sometimes apply for a budgeting loan and this depends on what benefits you are on and for how long.

I will just add that my impression regarding these loans now is that you would pretty much have to be homeless to get one but I could be wrong.

You could also join the Barnsley Credit Union, I think they do low cost loans to people and that might be a way round it.

Other than the above - Im not familiar with anything - other than if you have children - social services?

Good luck.

does any one know of anywhere in barnsley, who help with the cost of a bond to give for a "house to let". they are wanting a months deposit which i can scrape together,selling some stuff. and a £600 bond.....which is proving a problem . i live in rotherham now...iv been told about "robond"....but because im moving to barnsley they cant help....ps im on benefits....thanks so much..........

Contact Smartmove2Barnsley. If I remember correctly, they help and assit people who can't raise the bond money. Good luck

thanks so much ...all this is helpfull....will try dss....thanks

Before you try DWP try these:

SmartMove provides homeless or vulnerably housed people with comprehensive housing advice and access to good quality accommodation in the private sector. It offers landlords a guarantee in place of the traditional deposit. It can provide the tenants with ongoing support and advice to enable them to sustain their tenancies, as well as befriending support from volunteers for new tenants who may be living independently for the first time.

SmartMove 2 Barnsley

Opening Hours:

9:00 am - 4:00 pm

About SmartMove 2 Barnsley:

Smartmove2Barnsley offers people who are homeless or vulnerable access to properties within the private rented sector by offering landlords a guarantee bond instead of a cash deposit.

SmartMove2Barnsley also provides service users with support to help sustain their tenancies. Such support includes advice and assistance in claiming housing benefit and Community Care Grants, looking for furniture, addressing debt issues, budgeting, etc.

Our Partners:

For further details please follow this link: http://www.actionhousing.org

Address:

34 Victoria Road

BARNSLEY

S70 2BU

Telephone: 01226 209333

Fax: 01226 232302

Email: john.clarke@actionhousinguk.org

Archived