Deposit....bond

Just a bit of info ... "from 6 April 2007, the law has required that all deposits for assured shorthold tenancies (the most common type of rental contract), are paid into one of the government’s three deposit schemes. Landlords risk having to pay three times the amount of the deposit and could find it difficult to evict tenants if they haven’t paid into one of the three government-backed schemes. The Deposit Protection Service holds the deposit directly, returning it to tenants when they leave. Should the landlord need to keep some of the deposit money, they’ll need to make an application to the scheme." (http://www.moneywise.co.uk)

At least the above means that your bond is safe ! When I used to rent we had caused no damage to to the property and had awful problems getting the bond back - cow boy owner thoguh we should have known !!! You could get a small loan and look at it as a savings type of thing I suppose. At least you know now that your money is safe and guarenteed to get it back ... as long as no damage of course.

PS. This link is definately UK ... sorry about the last one ... can't find the ones I meant top copy first time !!! Soooooo silly !!!

• 2 years later...

Archived