Happy St George's day everyone

Originally posted by TracieJC

Happy St Georges Day! :clap:

I saw a feature on the news this morning that said that this year a record number of pubs and bars will be holding special events to celebrate St Georges Day today :)

That's rubbish, they've all been banned by lefty, hippy, tree-hugging, right-on, sandle-wearing, petulie oil smelling, do gooders... and muslims. Damn those pesky immigants!

Originally posted by Snook

That's rubbish, they've all been banned by lefty, hippy, tree-hugging, right-on, sandle-wearing, petulie oil smelling, do gooders... and muslims. Damn those pesky immigants!

As always, I choose to take a mouthful of coffee just proir to reading this post. My poor laptop is now wearing it :roll::P

Agent **** - naturally, it's an excuse to get ratted. Infact, we've two reasons to get smashed: one, it's some Saint's birthday and secondly, it's the year that Billy Shakespear (sic) of Hillsborough was found in a stable.

Then, quick as lightning - and one we're more familiar with - along comes a third reason for a shandy or two. Why? Tis Saturday; reason enough.

I'm playing a gig in the Bull's Head in Ranmoor tonight. Obviously, I've been learning a lot of songs by U2, The Corrs and Johnny What's-another-year Logan.

Happy St whatsisname day folks.

Hic:gag:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have Shakespeare Day as our national day, instead of St. George's day?

He was English;

He was a genius;

He is famous all over the world;

He is likely to remain famous for many, many centuries yet;

He is an uncontroversial figure (if you can discard the nonesense about Bacon or others having written the plays);

He looks good on stamps;

He brings more tourists in than St. George ever did;

St. George is not exclusive to England

from LordChaverly - the onlie begetter of the above lines

Archived