Cross Scythes Totley SHUT

Speckled Hen

Yes, I understand Chip (the landlord) has left and handed the keys back to Enterprise Inns, therefore the pub is shut until another tenant is found.

From what I picked up, he was struggling on the food side with all the budget conscious customers going to the Moorlands at Owler Bar for their £3.50 carvery and the top end of the market being creamed off by the currently fashionable Cricket Inn.

On the beer side Enterprise were being very unhelpful, one example of this was their failing to repair the two broken handpumps.

I've heard the Fleur de Lys over the road is also struggling.

Guess it's another victim of our incompetent chancellor Mr Darling coupled with the pubco business model.

I have heard about a lot of places struggling or just closing down due to the Horrendous behaviour of Enterprise Inns.

they actually want to drive tenants out, to maximize their income. Each time a pub changes, the incoming tenant has to pay a fortune for the lease and the fixtures and fittings.

It is criminal.

If you know anything about the Pub game, then these companies such as enterprise are constantly sending people round at all hours to "check" the stock, interfere in the running of the business, they want to drive people mad so they leave. Its as simple as that.

• 1 month later...

Archived