Cross Scythes Totley SHUT

Speckled Hen

Enterprise Inn are billions in debt and still want to put the price of a pint up by 15p which will lead to more pubs closing. The industry is being destroyed by the endless greed of the big breweries.

???????? Neither Enterprise Inns nor Punch Taverns brew beer.:huh::huh:

True but they are part of the major brewers as subsid companies....they are all linked internally, although appearing to be separate....

That is absolute tripe.

Punch Taverns and Enterprise Inns are built up of pubs divested from some of our major brewers. However all the breweries are long gone and the brewing is now done by multinationals such as Coors. They might have marketing agreements with the beer producers but where you get the idea that they are subsid companies is beyond me.

If you know anything about the Pub game, then these companies such as enterprise are constantly sending people round at all hours to "check" the stock, interfere in the running of the business, they want to drive people mad so they leave. Its as simple as that.

Some landlords try to make more money by buying in their own beer rather than selling the stuff they have to buy off Enterprise. Enterprise will generally notice if this is happening (dont know how- probably through noticable changes in the drink ordering patterns / undercover visits). I think they would rather have the pub occupied, rent coming in & beer being ordered than an empty pub and all the costs that entails on their hands. Unless perhaps its a property they can sell easily for development (they prob need the cash at the moment) in which case i guess they could hound the tenant out to get the lease off them with no hassle / compensation.

Enterprise will generally notice if this is happening (dont know how- probably through noticable changes in the drink ordering patterns / undercover visits).

Draught is quite easy to spot - most tied pubs have Brulines installed, which in a nutshell monitors flow for each line and reports it back. Let's say (figures just for example) over the period of a month you dispense 50 gallons of a certain lager but have only bought an 11 gallon barrel in the past month, and the same pattern follows for a few months then the alarm bells are going to ring.

I saw Chip at a gig in Dronfield on Monday night.

I didn't have a chance for a chat, but I am told he is currently living in Leeds and is on the lookout for a music venue, possibly in Sheffield.

The Cross Scythes has reopened, looks like Enterprise Inns have put a manager in. The handpumps have gone so there is no real ale, however I'm told there were a number of things broken in the pub including some of the lights and the handpumps which haven't been replaced yet, once trade has built up again new handpumps may be installed.

Chip living in Leeds makes sense - I think his wife is from West Yorkshire.

Archived