Cross Scythes Totley SHUT

Speckled Hen

It has been redecorated and done up very tastefully I thought, in a modern style. Wooden floors, comfy chairs, window seats with cushions etc. There are also 4 rooms for overnight guests, all newly done out with ensuite bathrooms. It was somewhere that I would be comfy spending a couple of hours.

I would be interested to hear what the menu is going to be like, if it is reasonably priced then we will be going again.

thanks for the praises on the decorating.lol.we did it all. a&c decorators.its looks great now from what it looked like before.a lot off hard work has gone into this pub.

I can confirm the place looks great!

The food is also exceptional, me and the missus went in this week, she had fish and chips, i had steak, probably the best steak I've had in a long time!

The chioce of beer is also good with some favourite hand pulled ales, Timothy Taylors Landlord, John Smiths, and Moonshine.

I will definiteley be returning.

Cheers

scoot

I can confirm the place looks great!

The food is also exceptional, me and the missus went in this week, she had fish and chips, i had steak, probably the best steak I've had in a long time!

The chioce of beer is also good with some favourite hand pulled ales, Timothy Taylors Landlord, John Smiths, and Moonshine.

I will definiteley be returning.

Cheers

scoot

Hi Scoot

I thought it would be good based on how nice it was for the party we went to. What sort of price range is the food, and is it an extensive menu or limited?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

Sorry Not been here in a while! The prices are reasonable starters up to about a fiver, The most expensive main i think is the steak at £17 but it was worth it!

My Missus had a hard time choosing a desert!

There are about 15? Mains to choose from.

The wine list is good also, we had the cheapest house red and this was excelent!

We are planning another trip there this weekend coming with my parents ( my mum is a very fussy eater and I wouldn't ordinarily take her anywhere new but have the confidence they will get her order right!)

We'll see!!

Cheers

scoot

Archived