Autistic Hacker - Should he be prosecuted?

Poor kid, hooked on puting, and then punished for a crime that wouldn't exist had he not been sold a puter.

Are we going to punish the puter pushers and software barons that pimp off their warez to our kids and turn them into criminals, so that they can be exported for Bert the Boston Butcher to entertain himself with.

They leave flaws and faults in systems and then, sell people a false notion that everything is safely contained within the bits and bytes they control anyway, and then punish you when you show them they are wrong.

I am continually reminded by conversations with someone who works with people with Autism how much they do understand.

People with Autism know the difference between right and wrong, no matter what some people think. They know the boundaries and do push them from time to time, but this does not mean there is no understanding of what they are or the consequences.

She should be punished like any other vulnerable adult.

They know the boundaries and do push them from time to time, but this does not mean there is no understanding of what they are or the consequences.

Indeed IIRC the guy left little messages on every box he accessed to the affect of "this is too easy". I think this is actually how he got caught. It's a while since I've read an article on it though.

Everyone's so lenient here. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew the consequences and he knew what he was doing was wrong.

He was looking for information on UFOs and he claims to have found stuff. It all sounds like the deluded ramblings of the crazy.

Regardless, he did break the law and should pay the price. Hackers and the people who make viruses should definitely be sent to bed with no supper!

Well you've just said you thought he was crazy, why should he be charged as if he knew what he was doing if that's the case?

The only reason he's gettin this treatment is because the US are embarassed at their complete lack of security.

In my opinion the guy will have got too wrapped up in his weird obsession and let it get the better of him. He knew he was doing wrong and even revelled in it by leaving the messages etc. but I doubt he understood how serious it would be taken (no one would) or the consequences. If he had he would have exercise caution.

Everyone's so lenient here. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew the consequences and he knew what he was doing was wrong.

He was looking for information on UFOs and he claims to have found stuff. It all sounds like the deluded ramblings of the crazy.

Regardless, he did break the law and should pay the price. Hackers and the people who make viruses should definitely be sent to bed with no supper!

And people have the right to a fair trial by a jury of their peers.

Since when as a British citizen, did our peers become the Americans?

If he has commited a crime they should provide us the evidence so we can deal with it, not expect us to pay for the fuel and resources getting him over there to do what should be done here.

Archived