Autistic Hacker - Should he be prosecuted?

In my opinion the guy will have got too wrapped up in his weird obsession and let it get the better of him. He knew he was doing wrong and even revelled in it by leaving the messages etc. but I doubt he understood how serious it would be taken (no one would) or the consequences. If he had he would have exercise caution.

You seem to understand a lot about people with Asperger Syndrome.It is quite nice to meet someone who does and can be objective about it.

You say Autistic in the title, but Aspergers in the post... which is it?? they are NOT the same. they just share some of the same tendancies (Aspergers is in the ASD, autism spectrum disorder - hence in the same spectrum, but not the same)

really hate when people get it wrong, as I have autistic tendancies, but not aspergers, (ADHD with autistic tendancies)

Hacker? YES

Menace to society or terrorist? NO

Deportation justified? NO

Come on, he was a loner who was looking for information on UFO's, not a threat to the American way of life.

If anything he should be appluaded for highlighting the appalling security on US military databases.

They should be giving him a job,not punishing him.

I've said that all along. The police get ex-criminals to help them work with current criminals as support workers etc. Home/car security firms get ex-offenders to help them develope new technology.

He's found a flaw in a government website, why not use him to help them sort it out?

You say Autistic in the title, but Aspergers in the post... which is it?? they are NOT the same. they just share some of the same tendancies (Aspergers is in the ASD, autism spectrum disorder - hence in the same spectrum, but not the same)

really hate when people get it wrong, as I have autistic tendancies, but not aspergers, (ADHD with autistic tendancies)

I quoted autistic hacker in title as that is what the article quoted.Of course Aspergers is on the autistic spectrum and therefore would be classed as autistic.Often classed as high functioning autism.

I've said that all along. The police get ex-criminals to help them work with current criminals as support workers etc. Home/car security firms get ex-offenders to help them develope new technology.

He's found a flaw in a government website, why not use him to help them sort it out?

Because he is cleverer than they and it would make them look stupid?

To be fair, even I could make them look stupid!

They appear to think they are supreme and of course have had world dominance for a long time, but that seems to be changing if you look at the state they are in(as we are also of course)

You seem to understand a lot about people with Asperger Syndrome.It is quite nice to meet someone who does and can be objective about it.

Yeah I knew a kid who was autistic when I was younger as we got older his 'autistic inclinations' seemed to surface far less often, the more social contact he had, over time, he seemed to be shrugging off the condition. I wouldn't mind running into him sometime to see how he is.

Archived