Wisewood Estate and Wadsley - info needed

Pixelwitch

I'm currently doing research for a short film about the Wisewood Estate and Wadsley area and am looking for people to interview about their lives there, past, present and future. Any stories about living/working in Wisewood, what's great about it and what's not, and aspirations for the future of the estate.

Also, if anyone has old photos or film footage in the attic that they'd be willing to share, please do get in touch.

Thanks

I think Wadsley is one of the best places to live in Sheffield (though I suppose I'm biased, as most of my ancestors lived there back to the year dot.;)). But you are only about 3 miles from the city centre, yet the countryside begins at your back door. There's a variety of shops near Wisewood School etc, with Hillsborough a ten-minute walk down the hill, and some decent pubs (good grub at the Wadsley Jack). And oif course there's Walter, bless him.

Is it just the estate you want info on? Wisewood and Wadsley adjoin each other- but aren't the same place.

It's mainly about Wisewood estate, but it's all so close together I thought there might be an overlap.

Walter sounds like an interesting character.......

Archived