Can anyone recommend somewhere new?

ekke_287

Hi all,

I'm 25, male and single, and I'm looking to break out of the routine I've been in for a while now. Basically, I'm looking to meet new people really for friendship, possibly dating but not a must. The circle of friends I have usually head to the same places all the time, and I have the choice of going somewhere new alone or going with them.

I'm looking for somewhere to go where there'll be people of a similar age ideally 23-27 ish, open minded and with similar interests to me. I like all sorts of music, mainly alternative and usually end up in the corporation but I'm feeling more and more grounded there so want to branch out.

I tried Platillo's in town with my flatmate but it seemed expensive and I didn't really fit as it's quite an upbeat shirt and tie kind of place, which I'm not looking for.

Can anyone suggest anywhere? I like to think there's other places out there but I'm in a rut and cant think of anywhere.

Anywhere you can suggest I'll probably try out! Thanks for your help in advance.

ps - I'm not scruffy, but wouldn't feel I'd be being myself if I had to make loads of effort to fit in somewhere (if that makes sense).

wall of balls at the harley (every third saturday of the month) has a great atmosphere with loads of friendly people at it.

they play funk, hip hop and stuff that generally makes me want to dance (each to their own mind!) and it doesnt have a dress code.

they have a myspace page and they advertise on here so have a search and see what you reckon.

x

I'm looking for somewhere to go where there'll be people of a similar age ideally 23-27 ish, open minded and with similar interests to me. I like all sorts of music, mainly alternative and usually end up in the corporation but I'm feeling more and more grounded there so want to branch out.

This might be up your street, on Friday: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=439553

I'm organising a brand-new night ('Box of Delights') on the first Saturday of each month at The South Seas, starting SAT 7TH FEBRUARY, which will include an eclectic range of music on the decks, such as Rock, 1970's, 1980's electronica, etc. and my own Drag Cabaret, including some magic, also a karaoke session. Admission is free, starts 9pm, until 1am, clientele will be mainly young and studenty!

Archived