La Tasca, Ecclesall Rd

Streetfarce

Anyone been in recently ?

They have a special offer on Monday - Wednesday.

All you can eat for £10.00 until 9pm

Sounds great so we headed off there last night, at 7pm firstly when we asked for a table, ( for 4 ) not a hoard of us, we were told "minimum wait is 45 mins " even though the place was nowhere near to being full, so we waited, and waited, it turns out that there were only 2 waiting staff. hence they could cook the food but not serve it.

When we eventually were seated, after more than an hour, the food took ages and ages to come. They were obviously trying to keep us there until 9pm so they could avoid us taking advantage of the special offer.

It was a very disappointing night, the place could be brilliant but their service is such a joke.

I agree 100%.

This is one of the badliest managed restaurants I have ever eaten in. They are constantly overbooked, understaffed and incredibly disorganised. In my experience however, the food when it does eventually come, is of a reasonable standard.

Bring back La Vina!

We went in couple of months ago for the "all you can eat for a tenner" offer. There weren't many in, but it still took over 45 mins for a table and there was only one waitress at first (another one came later).

We were advised the amount of tapas to get, and to get more if needed afterwards. Whilst choosing, someone on another table told us to get everything we were likely to want straight away as it had taken them an hour to get a second helping of meatballs.

So we ordered loads and wasted a lot.

It kind of goes against the grain for me to order tapas like this anyway. How come when get tapas in Barcelona (for eg) you order one or two dishes and then, if you want more, order one or two more and they don't take over 5 mins to come? Whereas I've been to quite a few in this country and they all, without exception, seem to take ages.

As a footnote

La Tasca, food was actually not bad the night we went, service was way too slow. Not in a rush to go back, even at a tenner.

I've been to the meadowhall one twice and both times didn't rate it, the first time it was a bit salty and the second time the wine was warm and the food was cold. But we were visiting relatives at the weekend in Leeds and had a 50% off voucher so went to the Leeds one which was really really nice, the service was a tad slow but the food was spot on :-)

Archived