La Tasca, Ecclesall Rd

Streetfarce

I agree 100%.

This is one of the badliest managed restaurants I have ever eaten in. They are constantly overbooked, understaffed and incredibly disorganised. In my experience however, the food when it does eventually come, is of a reasonable standard.

Bring back La Vina!

I'd agree with this summary

I agree 100%.

This is one of the badliest managed restaurants I have ever eaten in. They are constantly overbooked, understaffed and incredibly disorganised. In my experience however, the food when it does eventually come, is of a reasonable standard.

Bring back La Vina!

La Tasca is La Vina. All they did was change the sign on the outside. It's still the same management. It was c**p when it was called La Vina and it's still c**p now. Like you say, It's down to bad management, I experienced the same problems as you.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes and for words that don't exist, I wasn't aware that it was an English test to post on here.

Anyone been in recently ?

They have a special offer on Monday - Wednesday.

All you can eat for £10.00 until 9pm

Sounds great so we headed off there last night, at 7pm firstly when we asked for a table, ( for 4 ) not a hoard of us, we were told "minimum wait is 45 mins " even though the place was nowhere near to being full, so we waited, and waited, it turns out that there were only 2 waiting staff. hence they could cook the food but not serve it.

When we eventually were seated, after more than an hour, the food took ages and ages to come. They were obviously trying to keep us there until 9pm so they could avoid us taking advantage of the special offer.

It was a very disappointing night, the place could be brilliant but their service is such a joke.

Was that the actual number that were suppose to be in that night or had people not turned up or called in sick? At least they were honest with you rather than trying to wing it and not being able to cope. Maybe you just caught them on a tough night! It's hard to predict how many staff you may need in any Restaurant cause you never know how busy it will be on Weekday nights. Unless You are Busy all the time!

I think waiting more than an hour is probably justifyable to complain especially as Tapas isn't food that takes that long to Cook. But you should always be prepared to wait for Good Food! People are in too much of a Rush and should learn to relax and enjoy their evening at a Leisurely pace!

I've only been once a while back and It was fine though the "All you can Eat" isn't really "All you can Eat" it's a set number of dishes from a specific menu! Thought the food was nice though but would have been better if we could have had as many dishes as we wanted!

I've only been once a while back and It was fine though the "All you can Eat" isn't really "All you can Eat" it's a set number of dishes from a specific menu! Thought the food was nice though but would have been better if we could have had as many dishes as we wanted!

I'll agree it's a set menu, with 14 items on it (used to be more items), but there was no set amount of dishes when we went. They recommended how many to get each, but there was no limit.

None of the tapas are cooked on site. It's all made at their head office, frozen, then reheated in the microwaves on site.

Well How do you know that's true unless you have worked for them or taken an impromtue Tour of the Kitchen! If that's the Case then why do you have to wait a while then?

Archived