La Tasca, Ecclesall Rd

Streetfarce

I've eaten in tonnes of Spanish tapas places - all over Spain. I've also had food in La Tasca / La Vina on Ecclesall Road. It's not the same as in Spain, but I really didn't expect that. I've had a number of decent meals out at La Vina / Tasca without complaint - good food / service etc.

Unfortunately, I've not been back since I had dodgy (and I mean dodgy!) guts after the last evening meal I had there - up all night... and the rest I'll leave to your imagination. I can't put my finger on what triggered this - it might have been something I'd had for lunch earlier, but put it this way, I don't even want to go for a drink in there. It really put me off. I tried to let them know, but had to complete some online Health and Safety form, but haven't heard anything from them since.

I've not been back and won't be doing in future. I eat out an awful lot and I'm not the type of person to have a go a restaurants - if they're is good, I'll say it's good on the Forum, but I'm really not sure about this place.

:thumbsup:

Extract from La Tasca Plc 2005 annual report

La Cocina

The Company owns and operates a dedicated production and distribution business based in Salford, solely for the benefit of its restaurants. The La Cocina operation guarantees a high quality food product and allows the Company to control the specification of dishes produced. The majority of products are pasteurised ‘‘sous-vide’’ (under vacuum) and are produced ‘‘just in time’’.

La Cocina manufactures 15 products for La Tasca and La Viña (including sauces, tapas, paellas and casseroles) and distributes to each restaurant on a weekly basis. The product range is extended at various times to produce dishes for the Christmas menus and special occasions. The directors believe that La Cocina’s current premises and logistical services could be expanded to service up to 120 restaurants.

I know someone who works for them & an old supplier (pre-Salford production unit) and both say that most of its delivered in vac-pac?????????????

Thank you Brindisa, I rest my case.:thumbsup:

Archived