How often do you change your bed sheets?

In the summer I wash my sheets once every week. But in the winter every fortnight. I'm gonna get some new pillows this weekend: I can't stand dirty pillows.

---------- Post added 01-09-2016 at 22:15 ----------

I change my sheets once a week, I have two dogs, that sleep on my bed, and they also have a bath every week !

Cant stand mucky sheets, or mucky dogs !

I have clean nightware on every two days.

I bathe regularly, and wash my hair.

I quite often also put on some nice perfume, when I go to bed.

I should hope you do bathe regularly, and wash your hair Mrs M! But the question is why do you put on perfume when you go to bed? I only dab a bit of aftershave before hitting the sack, on the very rare occasion that I'm 'entertaining'....I can only assume that you're 'entertaining' quite often ;)

OMG that is gross :gag:

Twice a week for me, usually friday and then on a monday.. both my wash days you see..

Why, what happens Sat/Sun to warrant another wesh?:heyhey::heyhey:

---------- Post added 02-09-2016 at 13:01 ----------

Sniff em, throw at wall and if they stick, they're in the wesher.

Duvet gets an airing every week on the line, and replaced every 6 months with a new one.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Okay..so I've resurrected this old thread because I have a question. During a recent survey of colleagues, we found one person who only changes the bed sheets EVERY SIX MONTHS :gag: Can anyone beat that?

Back when I was a student there was one bloke I knew who didn't have any sheets, he just threw a sleeping bag on the bed and slept in that. He never washed it, not once, in four years. His room was a definite no go area if you wanted to preserve your olfactory glands from immediate implosion.

Why, what happens Sat/Sun to warrant another wesh?:heyhey::heyhey:

---------- Post added 02-09-2016 at 13:01 ----------

Sniff em, throw at wall and if they stick, they're in the wesher.

Duvet gets an airing every week on the line, and replaced every 6 months with a new one.

:hihi::hihi:

I have doggies that come and sleep with me at the weekend... They're not allowed in the week, they have to stay downstairs!

There's not much my 1800w Karcher jet washer and carbolic soap can't shift after a couple of hours at full pressure. :thumbsup:

The really stubborn brown caking is easily disguised with a couple of coats of Crown white matt emulsion.

To get the really professional treatment, a good squirt/condition with Raid insect/bug killer not only smells very nice, but prevents the sheets crawling off the bed and escaping out of the bedroom window, which, I can assure you, is pretty embarrassing.

As such, I now only need to launder every six months or so. I actually only have to change the sheets either when they escape, or when they get too close to the ceiling due to 'build up'.

Mine are changed every week or sooner if the cat decides to wipe his bum on them :gag: Oh...and if we weren't already grossed out by our colleagues bed sheet rota....he also informed us of his nightly 'explosions'. Oh...God! I feel ill!!!

Edited by spats