The Abbey Road Webcam

LOL, nice one purdy, we could have an SF outting, but on a Sunday afternoon as someone wisely suggested.

I'm afraid to confess my only interest in this webcam is a wicked one..despite a general love of humanity, I'd still have a little chuckle to myself if one of those idiots who stops the traffic for 30 seconds so their ham fisted friend can get the right shot, were run over by an ambulance-is that really bad?? :blush::hihi::blush:

There was a documentary about the Le Mans race of 1955 (possibly still on iplayer) and one or two of those interviewed admitted that people chose viewing spots that might be good to see a crash. They got rather more than they bargained for that year though. :|

I don't think that scale of tragedy would be a danger at Abbey Road though, not with that toytown roundabout in the way and lack of any vehicles built of magnesium.

I wonder how many incidents there have been over the years? I wonder also if someone in local borough officialdom has tried arguing that it's too dangerous and should be replaced with a pelican crossing? In this day and age I'm surprised it's not already been done - or providing mandatory crash helmets and knee and elbow pads for those who want to do the photo walk-of-death thing. :hihi:

Give him a sheet of plain A4 paper and say it's a White Album poster.:hihi:

Some cool stuff on here: http://www.thebeatlesonline.co.uk//home.jsp

That had crossed my mind actually, following Purdy's post!

I've been scouring the blasted online stores for a wretched pencil case - no joy.

Thanks for the link, I have also used this place in the past.

Dulux is your friend. :hihi:

I misread that at first and was about to respond with 'hey, he's only 12!' :hihi:

I've seen a McKee print of the Beatles which I want to get for him.

I'm liking Ousetunes's idea, maybe I'll push the boat out and stretch it to a framed sheet of A3.:hihi:

There was a documentary about the Le Mans race of 1955 (possibly still on iplayer) and one or two of those interviewed admitted that people chose viewing spots that might be good to see a crash. They got rather more than they bargained for that year though. :|
I saw this the other day on iPlayer, horrendous tragedy that get's little mention nowadays, and of course the actualite of seeing a fatal accident, isn't something I'd wish on myself or anybody else :(

I wonder how many incidents there have been over the years? I wonder also if someone in local borough officialdom has tried arguing that it's too dangerous and should be replaced with a pelican crossing? In this day and age I'm surprised it's not already been done - or providing mandatory crash helmets and knee and elbow pads for those who want to do the photo walk-of-death thing. :hihi:

I cant believe it isnt a daily occurrence, some of the cars are obviously used to dallying pedestrians and now they fly through that bit of road without any intention of stopping. A lot of the tourists are idiots, without any awareness or manners-at least the webcam provides good evidence for the inquests! :D

Archived