Late night coffee bars?

mister_tmg

Hi, Abuelo on Ecclesall Rd serves a full range of South American coffee till 1am 7 days a week. All your fav's - mocha, latte, americano, expresso etc.

God that place is fab, have been in lunch and in the evening. They do serve till late which is good, wish they open up something simular but till later than 1pm thats all. I like a drink but there are times when before I go home to my bed after a night of dancing I would love just to sit have a natter about the night over a hot steamy coffee and light snack. rather than a kebab or pizza on the street corner trying to hail a taxi. At least i could order a taxi whilst having a coffee

God that place is fab, have been in lunch and in the evening. They do serve till late which is good, wish they open up something simular but till later than 1pm thats all. I like a drink but there are times when before I go home to my bed after a night of dancing I would love just to sit have a natter about the night over a hot steamy coffee and light snack. rather than a kebab or pizza on the street corner trying to hail a taxi. At least i could order a taxi whilst having a coffee

Great to hear! We're open till 1am not 1pm BTW! Tell our staff and we'll happily order you a cab. We have an arrangement with a local firm and get 'priority' so our customers can get their cabs quicktime. :thumbsup:

This is one thing I think Sheffield is sorely lacking - there's nothing nicer than a good, late-night, chilled, comfy and friendly cafe - not just for coffee, but fab hot chocolates, a range of good teas, games boards, occasional & varied entertainment (in the form of non-intrusive musicians, small drama things, fortune telling, etc etc - a nice diversion but not too off-putting to those who just want a drink, nibbles and a chat). Big beanbags, comfy swivel chairs, floor cushions, deep leather sofas... I'd love it!

Great to hear! We're open till 1am not 1pm BTW! Tell our staff and we'll happily order you a cab. We have an arrangement with a local firm and get 'priority' so our customers can get their cabs quicktime. :thumbsup:

You do the best strawberry Margaritas, and you food is great and good value for money. Thanks for that regarding the taxi's will do when I come down next and had a couple of martaritas.

This is one thing I think Sheffield is sorely lacking - there's nothing nicer than a good, late-night, chilled, comfy and friendly cafe - not just for coffee, but fab hot chocolates, a range of good teas, games boards, occasional & varied entertainment (in the form of non-intrusive musicians, small drama things, fortune telling, etc etc - a nice diversion but not too off-putting to those who just want a drink, nibbles and a chat). Big beanbags, comfy swivel chairs, floor cushions, deep leather sofas... I'd love it!

I have been to a few forum meets in the Devonshire Cat, and it does do a quiet boardgames kind of night on a midweek, which I was surprised at. It was pretty good. :) Hey, if you don't go out, then you won't know. I was quite surprised myself.

Also, the other weekend, I went into Dempsey's, and I do like the quieter downstairs compared to the busy dancefloor of the upstairs. Again, pretty good! :)

I think it is the whole general laidback friendly atmosphere which makes me sell Sheffield to others. Despite the fact that, it had a bad reputation on some online website about it being a chav city, or fightings in nightclubs, and so forth. There are good decent areas, and enjoyable nights, which is not a meat market, and nor is it a hostile atmosphere.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived