Old Cigarette Makes

sandie

gallahers where the makers of park drive and later on berkleys

any body remember cadetts

small cig, first cigs i ever bought (be about 82ish)

My mum used to smoke Cadets and I used to fetch them for her from the shop up the road - I was only about 12. They cost 1 shilling and 9pence.

In the mid-1950s there was a brand called Domino. I suspect the marketing of these was aimed at children, as they came in a pack of four that cost 6d. Each pack had a different domino printed on the back and you could cut these out, paste them on to cardboard and make up a full set. At that time there was nothing to stop young children buying cigarettes or alcohol.

A batchelor Mr.Senior Service took Miss Players for a Park Drive. He felt a Superking as he drove his John Player Special No.6 State Express down the Strand, past Picadilly on the way to the American Embassy. He stopped and took her behind some benson & Hedges in a Woodbine and as he layed her down on a Gold Leaf, dressed only in a Silk Cut, he thrust his Rothmans King Size into her Golden Virginia and nine months later out popped a Cadet who became Internationaly known as Peter Styvesant.

Which just goes to show, Senior Service satisfy :thumbsup:

Spot on that has to take the top post of the year

Well done and Thanks

Archived