East One noodle bar - West One

Geoff

I've been going to it since it opened and it's one of my favourite places in the city. The food is gorgeous and I've always found the staff friendly and polite.

re the tap water thing. I always ask for a drink from the menu and a tap water and have always been given both without a problem. I think the no tap water thing is on the menu to encourage people to buy a drink with their meal not to prevent people from drinking water too.

And the New Zing Va is probably the biggest reason I am not a size 10 any more! The best takeaway EVER!

Ok Have any of you actually eaten the "authentic" dishes that East one have on their menu in the countries that they were invented?

If you had you would all be as appalled as I am at the "sameness" that are East one's dishes.

If you think you are eating "pad thai, vietnamese style noodles, yaki soba" you really arent if you are eating it there.

don't worry about the lack of "tap water" just think about the food they are trying to sell you.

Eat somewhere that doesn't try to combine all South East Asian food into one restaurant.

Ok Have any of you actually eaten the "authentic" dishes that East one have on their menu in the countries that they were invented?

If you had you would all be as appalled as I am at the "sameness" that are East one's dishes.

If you think you are eating "pad thai, vietnamese style noodles, yaki soba" you really arent if you are eating it there.

don't worry about the lack of "tap water" just think about the food they are trying to sell you.

Eat somewhere that doesn't try to combine all South East Asian food into one restaurant.

The sad fact is that very few of us would eat these dishes if they were 100% authentic. I am an enthusiastic eater who will try anything (more or less) but even I was hankering for some british blandness 3 weeks into a recent trip to China.

Archived