Are you on Twitter?

im there..

I follow a few American comedians (Rainn Wilson, Doug Benson) along with the Beastie Boys, Imogen Heap, Trent Reznor, Ryan Adams (who is apparently quite *loved* up), Neil Gaiman, and few others. Fringe (Massive Dynamic) found me and is now following me. Poor sods.

If anyone care to read about my utter nonsense: alternageekorg

...I'm still trying to find out what it's actually for...

I see it as a microblog site, though as with other blogs, most people's lives are far too mundane to be of any interest to anyone else. For those who are into that sort of thing, then its purpose is to record little snippets of what you're up to at that minute: thoughts, actions, random meanderings and the rest of that self-indulgent twaddle good stuff. If you're a Facebook person, I suppose it's a bit like altering the status whatsit.

I rather like the idea of Stephen Fry posting updates while he's stuck in a lift in London, or drinking voddie in the bath; or Simon Mayo twittering (tweeting?) while watching 'Zombie Honeymoon'; or that bloke from Mythbusters posting a few words fresh from leaping out of a plane (they can send photos too). The combination of private and public life is fascinating.

Doubt I'd feel the same way about random witterings by Bob from Barnsley or Dawn from Doncaster though.

Archived