Essential Sheffield ? Coming Soon...

essentialshf

It is true Essential are looking at more than one venue in Sheffield. We are currently in negotiation for one, but unfortunately in these economic times, the rent and business rates required for a venue of the standard we need is difficult to find.

It would be more along the lines of Queer, the bar we run on Canal St. With music and a late licence as opposed to a super club type venue.

We would be happy to hear Sheffield gay communities thoughts and suggestions on location and style of venue here, thanks.

We would be happy to hear Sheffield gay communities thoughts and suggestions on location and style of venue here, thanks.

It would be nice to have a venue which has a proper 'Showbar' style Drag Cabaret; as a matter of fact, I am in the process of working with a few colleagues on a couple of nights over the next couple of months featuring my Drag cabaret and various guest acts/DJ's.

I am also organising Sheffield's new Annual Gay Arts Festival, Steel City GALA (Gay and Lesbian Arts), and am looking for sponsorship, venue space, or tie-in events from clubs and bars.

I am also requiring Volunteers for the GALA Committee which I am hoping to get put together in the next few weeks.

Email me at dan@alacroart.com (NOT via Forum PM, as mailbox is full):D

the problem i see here is that the market will be over saturated, there isnt enough "gay" people to fill venues as it is, unless you have a master plan to entice people to sheffield it wont work! either that or you aim is to capitalise on the other venues.

Good luck though im all up for the scene growing and support it all the time

Archived