Doing forum favours

Lots of people here have at one time or another done favours for people they've never met, but are part of the community we have here :)

What favours have you done for fellow forumers?

Has anybody here done you a favour you're grateful for?

I dont think I have done any favours for anyone but I would if I could help. I have found that a lot of forum members are always polite and will go the extra mile for you, with the odd exception. I think it is nice that people try to help each other. Everybody has a little way we can help someone. I like the idea of people helping each other as a community. There are many times when something is a doddle to you it is hard work for someone else. I once thought about setting up a local website where people offered there help or asked for help. Only little thinks like mums car sharing for food shops with other mums that didnt have a car. Or help cutting old ladies hedges and stuff. I think it was a bit of far fetched dreaming though.

I've given people the odd bit of tax / tax credit advice including a way to circumvent the call centre and speak to someone in charge.

Not long after I first joined SF I needed some help and advice about an elderly neighbour and was pointed in the right direction by a few people on here.

A very nice lady did me a favour by letting me met up with her and her well behaved dogs so I could practise walking past with my naughty one :) It was a great favour as it was raining extremely heavily and she still had the time to give.

I also got a lovely outside table set from the swops/ free section this summer ftrom a nice couple.

I've only managed one favour so far which was to give a massive degu cage and equipment to a person that looked after rescue degu's and gerbils.

Archived