Doing forum favours

Hi, I gave a couple my Son's outdoor slide for their children which they loved.

I sent some netto sticker to a young woman so that her child could get one of the cuddly dog's from their promotion. :)

I have had lot's of advice and information that I have requested on various thread's.

Not all but most people I have come into contact with on SF have been helpful and genuine.

x

why would you do that? you must be very sad and have no friends to try and help a vitrual freind,

Crap. I've helped a few folk on here and likewise others have helped me - The feeling of community which we always moan is absent, is what drives us to help others out.

So what if we've only communicated over t'internet - Surely that doesn't make the act any less of a wholesome deed?

I needed a fireguard and posted on the wanted and a lovely lady gave me one she no longer used. I've bought and sold a few things on the forum and every single person has been extremely friendly and helpful.

I was able to donate quite a few baby/toddler clothes after the floods, dropping them off at another forumers house who very helpfully acted as a local collection point.

I've meet some wonderful, lifelong friends via forum meets, who in turn I've done favours for and they've done favours for me.

People have indirectly done me favours by posting information on here that i've found very useful. The forum has had quite a big impact on my life and i'll always be grateful for that. :thumbsup:

why would you do that? you must be very sad and have no friends to try and help a vitrual freind,

I think people just help people whether they are in cyber space or not. Real people are at the other end of the computer. My dad once told me of a forum he went on where a bloke had got really down and hinted at being suicidal. The people on the forum noticed he was missing and all voiced there concerns. Not having an address for him the contacted the forum owners who had got in touch with him to find him in a very bad way. I cant remember the specifics but apparently they got there in the nick of time. Whether its true or not I think its a thought to ponder. Some people dont have millions of friends or immediate help or support near by. We could all do a bit to be more kind and considerate in cyber space and in real life.

Archived