Does hot water freeze before cold water

Does hot water freeze before cold water  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Does hot water freeze before cold water

• No
    • Yes
    • Dunno

Originally posted by Lickszz

If 2 buckets of water are placed in a location where the ambient temperature is the same (enough to freeze water) which bucket will freeze first, a bucket of cold water or a bucket of warm water?

Neither will freeze !! (but the water inside the buckets might freeze).

Originally posted by Mo

Next time your windscreen is frozen over pour cold water over one part to clear it and slightly tepid water on the other part and see which side refreezes quickest. It is always the warmer side that freezes fastest.

And if your windscreen cracks, send the bill to Mo :D

• 3 years later...

hey people I've been searching high and low to find the answer to the question " does hot water freeze before cold water." Almost every website that I've been to says "yes" so why are people so split on this? it would be nice if someone could give me one solid answer

hey people I've been searching high and low to find the answer to the question " does hot water freeze before cold water." Almost every website that I've been to says "yes" so why are people so split on this? it would be nice if someone could give me one solid answer

Why dont you try experimenting? :huh:

Surely you'd find out :confused:

That's the point, it seems to depend.

There are so many factors involved that the question really needs to be much more specifically stated to have one precise answer.

• 3 years later...

Archived