Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday (MEGATHREAD)

CorkerSWFC

Will there be any fighting in the pubs tonight I wonder ?:rolleyes:

there usually is on a Saturday night, so i'd guess so. Still, anyone daft enough to be out in town tonight after a derby at least should be aware that the nutters of both teams will be around...

Anyone would have thought the Wendies had just got promoted.....

Face facts

1. It's taken 95 years for Sheffield Wednesday to do the double over Sheffield United
  2. Sheffield Wednesday aren't what you'd call a stable football team - large debts and a crumbling old ground.
  3. Sheffield Wednesday were last in the premiership in 2000 and are still paying the debts off, Sheffield United were in a couple of seasons ago and are still making a profit.

Enjoy the glory - it'll take you another 95 years before you do it again.....the only bonus of you winning this one is that you might move on from "the boxing day massacre 1979", it'll be a pleasant change :rolleyes:

No matter what cup finals, history book wins, measurements of success you choose to pull out.....The Owls are not the most successful team in Sheffield..... Fact!!!

Face facts

1. It's taken 95 years for Sheffield Wednesday to do the double over Sheffield United
  2. Sheffield Wednesday aren't what you'd call a stable football team - large debts and a crumbling old ground.
  3. Sheffield Wednesday were last in the premiership in 2000 and are still paying the debts off, Sheffield United were in a couple of seasons ago and are still making a profit.

Enjoy the glory - it'll take you another 95 years before you do it again.....the only bonus of you winning this one is that you might move on from "the boxing day massacre 1979", it'll be a pleasant change :rolleyes:

No matter what cup finals, history book wins, measurements of success you choose to pull out.....The Owls are not the most successful team in Sheffield..... Fact!!!

please explain? you have had a season in the prem and a couple of cup runs, hardly great. we are still the most recent one of us to lift a cup, even though its a while ago.

maybe it will be another 95 years but how long will it be before utd do it again. been 4 years at least now, maybe i might start keeping count or maybe i just wont care really.

the ground is old but its hardly crumbling, just needs some updating to facitilies.

because we're enjoying doing the double we are acting like we've been promoted:huh:, i dont think so. i have been talking to blades on here who arent being too bitter about the defeats and thats how it should be

Face facts

we are entitled to milk it today ,so take it like a man:D

Archived