Value Indian Restaurant

Rodders1

It's one of the few cheap school canteen type places left, I have not been for a bit either but they seem to have a promotion on so perhaps they are druming up custom. I find everything the Mangla sells very similar and their attiture is terrible, especially for takeaway orders which is why I don't use it. Personally I would go to Gulshan on the Wicker but the OP asked for a cheap old school place which is why I suggested The Kashmir.

It's one of the few cheap school canteen type places left, I have not been for a bit either but they seem to have a promotion on so perhaps they are druming up custom. I find everything the Mangla sells very similar and their attiture is terrible, especially for takeaway orders which is why I don't use it. Personally I would go to Gulshan on the Wicker but the OP asked for a cheap old school place which is why I suggested The Kashmir.

What do you like about Gulshans, neeeeeeeeek?

What do you like about Gulshans, neeeeeeeeek?

The food is really nice, the people are really friendly and genuinley seem pleased to see / hear from you, delivery is always quick and you get what you ordered, often with free popadoms and stuff. If you eat in the place is also very nice. I live just up past the Mangla an won't order food from them any more as they just don't care, I would challenge anyone to order say 3 common main dishes for delivery and assuming they actually turn up I bet they could not tell which was which. Chamans on the Wicker is also quite nice, their Tandoori stuff is lovely. Shame they have 2 massive plasma TV's on 24/7 which I think are completely unnecessary.

The food is really nice, the people are really friendly and genuinley seem pleased to see / hear from you, delivery is always quick and you get what you ordered, often with free popadoms and stuff. If you eat in the place is also very nice. I live just up past the Mangla an won't order food from them any more as they just don't care, I would challenge anyone to order say 3 common main dishes for delivery and assuming they actually turn up I bet they could not tell which was which. Chamans on the Wicker is also quite nice, their Tandoori stuff is lovely. Shame they have 2 massive plasma TV's on 24/7 which I think are completely unnecessary.

Thanks for the info, will give them a go - all in the name of research, of course.:cool:;)

Archived