Big Rise in measles - thanks anti-vaccination activists

Yet again, the incidence of measles is on the increase.

Medical experts are predicting that the incidence may well reach epidemic levels.

Parents wh don't allow their children to be vaccinated against the disease are being blamed for the increase.

Discuss.

Please refer to the reports or research you have taken your evidence from.

I do keep my eyes and ears on current news events and I have to confess this news report seems to have slipped under my radar.

Found the report, BBC health website May 14 2011.

Seems there have been '275 laboratory-confirmed cases of measles were reported, compared to 33 cases for the same period the previous year.'

Alarming? Well, 275 against how many children and young adults in the UK?

I would guess that the percentage thus far is less than 1%.

Still, I guess it's time to get the club and bash those 'irresponsible' parents....

:-(

Yet again, the incidence of measles is on the increase.

Medical experts are predicting that the incidence may well reach epidemic levels.

Parents wh don't allow their children to be vaccinated against the disease are being blamed for the increase.

Discuss.

Yeah, I'd like to discuss.

I paid for my child to have the Mumps, Measles, and Rubella all single vaccines from a reputable source.

When it came for the booster, I didn't automatically want to travel miles and pay again, so I asked the NHS to test to see if my child actually needed the booster, or had enough immunity. They said they don't offer a test! I can't see how an attitude like this helps the situation to be honest.

Also, I'd like to know why, when MMR uptake dropped, and many parents remain skeptical, have the NHS decided to add yet another vaccine for our little ones to cope with at the same time as the triple!!? As they are now adding pneumonia at the same time alongside the MMR vaccine!

Oh, don't tell me, it was a rhetorical question - I know it's all about the money! But yet they come all high and mighty with parents.

Archived