A good Karate school in Sheffield

Leaving tomorrow, this posting stuff is addictive even if your not scrapping, a couple of poeple who I've not seen in ages have PM'd me, so this is what it's all about.

Listen. You don't want to learn karate. You watched Karate Kid 20 years ago, but martial arts has moved on. It's a childhood fantasy.

Learn something useful: plumbing, joinery, electrics. Failing that, BJJ, thai boxing or (serious) judo.

If you're after BJJ, you'll know where to find us.

Karate is usefull. I train BJJ and have done for 4 years. I have trained karate for a lot longer. Karate teaches: control, self confidence, it teaches you how to take care of yourself etc etc. All usefull in any martal art. Karate has only aided me in BJJ. I enjoy cross traininig....... running, free weights, swimming etc. All cross over in some way.

Karate teaches you to not have an ego.

If you have an ego on the bjj matt, and dont tap.........................SNAP!

:)

Hi im wanting to learn Karate and wanted to know if there was a school or club someone here can recomend in Sheffield. I looked on the net and found lots but im wanting to hear from people who actualy go to one so ill know if its any good or not.

Thankyou

Hiya KungfuMidget,

You opened the thread on 8th February and have recieved a lot of helpful replies.Have you sorted anything out yet?

Hiya KungfuMidget,

You opened the thread on 8th February and have recieved a lot of helpful replies.Have you sorted anything out yet?

The Gojukai (or is it Goju Ryu) that price practises is a very streetwise system of karate and i would recommend Price as an instructor, hes the youngest 60 year old i have ever had the pleasure to meet!!!

:D

The Gojukai (or is it Goju Ryu) that price practises is a very streetwise system of karate and i would recommend Price as an instructor, hes the youngest 60 year old i have ever had the pleasure to meet!!!

:D

Oh! farhad, thanks very much you're making me :blush: The style is Goju Ryu and, as the signature says(see below) it's what karate's for (we have some good vids on Youtube). I'm actually 65 but can still manage the stairs, except I forget why I climbed them.:thumbsup:

May see you soon

price

Oh! farhad, thanks very much you're making me :blush: The style is Goju Ryu and, as the signature says(see below) it's what karate's for (we have some good vids on Youtube). I'm actually 65 but can still manage the stairs, except I forget why I climbed them.:thumbsup:

May see you soon

price

LOL Price if you can still get up our staircase, you are more than welcome up those stairs. Leave the walking stick in the changing room first though , you wont recognise the new changing area, the weights and fitness room has been refurbished and now has 2 treadmills! Oh woops! No walking sticks on the treadmills either :P

On a serious note though i was really impressed at how you managed to go through the whole pad and bagwork circuit without any complaints. A lot of local boxers/kickboxers (active fighters even!!!) have struggled with the same LOL

See you soon mate.

P.S. Wardy is getting better and better!!!