A good Karate school in Sheffield

Yes, he's a good lad.Always gives of his best and,consequently, improves.I'll check your training times,I may come with Wardy one night.Anyway, back to the thread...There's still been no answer from KungfuMidget on whether they've found what they're after.

Sithee later

price

I would also like recomend Sensei Price and the Norton Dojo.

If Karate is what your after then this is the place you need to train.

If you fancy Kickboxing though AFK is a top quality place, either way your in safe hands.

There you go that's my 2 peneth for what its worth.

Cheers

Wardy1

I would also like recomend Sensei Price and the Norton Dojo.

If Karate is what your after then this is the place you need to train.

If you fancy Kickboxing though AFK is a top quality place, either way your in safe hands.

There you go that's my 2 peneth for what its worth.

Cheers

Wardy1

Thank you Wardy.

Looks like Wardy knows what quality training is LOL

I have noticed that Wardy is one of those who looks for techniques that actually work , you get that in Goju Karate (which like i said before is a very streetwise variant of karate) and also AFK encourages strong and powerful kicking as opposed to a lot of "kickboxing " clubs which tend to teach you either to just throw a "football" kick or just flick the leg out.

Yes lets get back to the thread :D

Church based Karate classes are rubbish, the Halls aren't big enough to hold a large group for starters, you need plenty of room to do Katas etc. That and there's nowhere to get changed so you have to arrive and leave in your suit.

Trust me, I've trained in Church Halls.

As have I and not all are as bad as you make out. I've trained in some truely dire church halls and some really good ones.

Hi Horus,

if you are still interested in coming to try our dojo give me a call or send me an e-mail.

Sunday sounds good. But check our new times as these were currently changed.

Monday 18:30 - 20:00

Wednesday 20:00 - 21:30

Thursday 18:30 - 20:00

Sunday 18:00 - 19:30

Hope to see you soon.

Karate is usefull. I train BJJ and have done for 4 years. I have trained karate for a lot longer. Karate teaches: control, self confidence, it teaches you how to take care of yourself etc etc. All usefull in any martal art. Karate has only aided me in BJJ. I enjoy cross traininig....... running, free weights, swimming etc. All cross over in some way.

Karate teaches you to not have an ego.

If you have an ego on the bjj matt, and dont tap.........................SNAP!

:)

Harry,

Do you still train karate, if so where?

It's Russ from the Forge by the way.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I would like to invite all of you interested or already practicing Shotokan Karate to this special event. Our 1st Sheffield training and grading with

Japan Karate Association England Chief Instructor Ohta Sensei 6th Dan JKA.

The course is open to all karatekas (with a valid insurance).

If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Although we will try to accommodate everyone, the sport hall has its capacity and participants will be admitted of first come first serve bases.

Date: Friday 17th July 2009

Times: 16:30 - 19:30

1st training: 16:30 - 17:15

2nd training: 17:15 - 18:00

Grading: 18:00 - 19:30

Venue:

Goodwin Sports Centre

Northumberland Road

Sheffield

S10 2TY

Grading fees: £20 (including 2x training)

Training only: £10

Hope to see many of you soon ;-)

Oss

Hey all,

had some replies regarding the invitation to our event (JKA Shotokan Karate Course and Grading) so in a view of some of the replies ... if me posting our invitation on "your" thread bothers you or upsets you, I apologize. I didn't mean to upset anyone just wanted to let everyone know that such a event is on.

Have a nice day

• 8 months later...
Russ, Have you tried Eddie de Roech, he trains in Shotokan, I trained with him for 4 years he is a quality Sensie and what he doesn't know about Shotokan Karate could be wrote on the back of a stamp. He doesn't advetise as people sort him via word of mouth. He trains out at Firth Park on Fridays. Can find some more details if required. If you are closer to S6 there are 2 other quality instructors with Bob Hague and Mark *&*^&& can never remember his second name and he trains at Wisewood.

where does eddie de roek train now i used to train with him 10 years ago but cant find any information about his dojos

• 1 year later...