How do i attract more customers

hel73

How do i attract more business. Im a female painter and decorator/ plasterer/ just about anything apart from plumbing and electrics. I cover all of uk ive got only a small amount of cash to advertise any ideas, done the leaflet drop and advertising in shop windows, wondered who i can go to to get my van sign wrote very cheap

Take a photo of you scantily clad, with a paint kettle and brush in your hands...blow it up stick it on the side and rear of you vehicle.....................and youll be wishing you had a garage full of paint...etc.etc.

........................If your fone doesnt ring the same day with offer of work...you can come paint my house !

I'd consentrate your 'fliers' around older peoples areas such as oap housing/flats with special OAP rates, I would think a vulnerable older person (statistically they will be female) would feel safer with a female in the house doing the decor than a few blokes (no offence to men).

as for the sign writing, now you can get computer generated writing that simply sticks to the vehicle, im not sure where from, but it saves a lot of hassle when it comes to resale, these you just peel off.

How do i attract more business. Im a female painter and decorator/ plasterer/ just about anything apart from plumbing and electrics. I cover all of uk ive got only a small amount of cash to advertise any ideas, done the leaflet drop and advertising in shop windows, wondered who i can go to to get my van sign wrote very cheap

it works on here :) im after someone to skim my livingroom

pm me :)

regards

andi

Hello, I think its great to see a female painter, decorator, plasterer and just about anything, Please dont think Im being patronising, i really mean this. I have a marketing business and we offer all types of services including full printing, design, vehicle signage and lots more, but the main core of our business is marketing consultations and copy writing.

*** we have a 100% genuine proposal*** Me and my partner own the company, we are willing to offer you a one off free marketing consulatation. No fancy words, graphs or stats, just straight forward good advice. No catch but there are lots of options to promote your business on a budget. 1st consultation free, then after that it's entirely up to you what course of action you wish to take, whether you wish for more useful advice, products or services which we can help tailor to your budget.

Let us know if you are interested.

Thanks John & Emma

Pro Marketing Business Solutions

0114 268 0404 / 0800 298 25 74

contact the college for cheap decals for the van - they have students do them

or natalie22 on here has a link in her sig and seems to be reasonable on price

if you cover the uk, cambridge is still bucking the trend wrt to the housing market etc, so some targeted advertising (maybe yell.com) down there may help

As a female decorator - you should be targeting female customers. Not sure what the demographics are but there are big campaigns aimed at single women with high income. The sort of person who will ring up & send £25 on flowers when they have forgotten a birthday.

They have the money to pay to get rid of hassle.

Why don't you go for them?

I would forget social services and council type tenders - too much hassle. What you want is somewith money to pay NOW

(Didn't the ad once say - why have cotton when you can have silk?)

You can get free business advice from such as SENTA and Business Link and BiG. Check them out first. BL are also running some marketing workshops in the next couple of months too.

Is the business name 'Helen of All Trades'? Wasn't sure from your sig.

Are you promoting yourself with the right image, flashing your qualifications, demonstrating quality and guarantees with insurance and association memberships?

Archived