The Common Room on Division Street

happy monday

Hi Guys

Sorry to hear you think the prices are a bit steep in the Common Room and that you believe the price does not reflect the quality of the tables.

We price the pool carefully and feel we are competative for the size and standard of table. We do offer lower rate times in the week, which are cheaper than most pool/sports bars.

The cloths are actually due to be changed in about a month so they will hopefully be up to speed then. We try to keep the tables and cues in good condition by checking, cleaning them regularly. Sometimes a few cues may slip through the net and have missing tips but there are always new ones avilable at the bar.

We really appreciate any comments whether negative or positive because it helps us improve things. So Sharp87, Alas Alas and Deadeyeduck if you have a minute free and would like to email me any thoughts or comments you have that you may feel will improve the area, Id love to hear them. My pm me.

Thanks everybody for your comments.

If you send me your addresses to [removed] I will send you all a complimentary 1 hour pool pass.

Thanks

Patti

Common Room

Fair response, good to see.

I seem to recall the last time the cloths were changed they were VERY fast afterwards. What is being used to clean them also? Last time I was in every table had severe marks on, unsure whether that was something dodgy that has been used to clean them or simply down to spilled drinks.

Also, the staff are very good though, no complaints at all there. I was probably a little harsh at first, I was just a bit peeved that the prices went up so much at weekends (especially after enjoying that promotion of free pool after 11 from time to time ;))

We try to brush them everyday but sometimes spillages may be caught too late to rectify the marks. The new cloths will hopefully be much better. We always aim to catch spillages as soon as possible but I will investigate why some may have been missed or left.

We do sometimes give out free passes on the weekends but couldnt guarantee that it would be every weekend. Keep your eyes peeled for small purple vouchers! :o)

Thanks again and please do email me your address so I can send you a couple of passes as a thank you.

Cheers

Hi Guys

The cloths are actually due to be changed in about a month so they will hopefully be up to speed then. We try to keep the tables and cues in good condition by checking, cleaning them regularly.

Until about 7-8 months i used to be in the common room 2-3 times a week playing pool. I must have seen the tables cleaned maybe a handful of times in that time, and I've been coming in since you opened. Its much more likely to see people putting drinks on the tables, sitting on the rails ect and staff seeing them and not saying anything.

I usually only get time to play on the weekends now and its cheaper for me to get on the train and go play in Barnsley than it is to play in the common room.

You might also want to look into buying some new ball sets, the ones you have now are knacked.

I always thought the Common Room was a good place to relax with the lads after a long week of working. Play some pool, table-tennis and maybe some table football before relaxing and watching various sports on the screens around the place. That was until four of us tried to get in last night and were turned back by the bouncers (the same bouncers who have worked there for months/years and never stopped us entering in the hundreds of times we've been there). Apparently the "management" don't allow 'big groups of lads' in. Hmm, is that why eight...YES EIGHT OF US, were allowed in without hassle or anything just last friday? Ah well we'll probably just go to the Frog from now on...

quite a nice response so thanks. I'm not sure whether you do this but sometimes you don't fancy playing pool for a hole hour but just a game. If you dont already do it maybe a pay as you play table would be good. It could have a different colour cloth to avoid confusion perhaps?

There is one pay as you play table at the far end of the bar.

I really like the Common Room, wish it opened until a little later that's all.

By the way Kayxe, on the website the food service times show:

"Open from 11am - 12:30pm"

This basically says your open for an hour and half! 12:30am I think it should say!

Archived