How can i trace a soldier?

Betty Boob

Hiya just wondered if anyone on sf knows how i can find out about my dads time that he served in the army i have the regiment details aswell has my dads number i know he served in ireland and aiden but has for anything else i don't know i have asked family members but they are not willing to say anything apart from the soliders had a very bad time in ireland and aiden my dad was 17yrs old when he went in the army in 1955 and served about 15 - 20 yrs so if anyone does know how i can get this info i would be grateful thanks

Check out veterans UK.

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

If your father is still alive there is no charge for his service records.

Tuppie

Thanks very much and no my dad passed away 13 yrs ago does it make a difference because he has passed away or will i still be able to get the info?

I served in the Army, as you know the Regiment it will not be hard to find out what you require, do a google search for the following - if he was in the Infantry search Infantry Manning and Records office if RAC or Household Cavalry do Household Cavalry Manning and Records office or RAC MRO

Billy B

Archived