Whats happened to 23?

high_brow

No Wine, No Food, No business

We recently chose to dine at 23 after a couple of months away from Sheffield and was appalled by the changes we found.

When we asked to see the wine list we were informed only one bottle of red was available being the Williams Well Shiraz. Obviously we went for this option however once seated in the restaurant suddenly two more wines were available.

The menu in the restaurant failed to match the website which disappointed my partner who had her heart set on the chicken kiev. In the past the food has been great and the site has established itself amongst our favourites in sheffield however this time it hugely disappointed.

The steak despite already having a £4 supplement came with no sides or even a salad garnish. To get chips (eight in a tiny bowl) onion rings and veg means in reality the supplement for the steak as described on the website is £10!!!!

The quality of the food is good but lacks the value for money and leaves you feeling cheated and ripped off if you expect the website to be accurate.

I understand the credit crunch hits restaurants hard but by cutting costs this way will only drive away customers and judging by how busy the dining room was this appears to be happening.

I couldn’t agree more.

Similarly, my partner and I also used to go as the quality of food and value for money was so good. However, we went a couple of weeks ago, and were very disappointed.

I had the fish pie, which was just completely sloppy underneath and tasteless. My partner also had the steak, which I agree was a complete rip off! You get this measly bit of thin meat; with like a tiny salad garnish (not even any chips!) Felt completely ripped off.

The waitress we had was also exceptionally rude. Don’t know what’s happened to this place, but it really has gone down the pan.

Unfortunately we will not be eating there again.

:gag:

Archived