Hats off policy @ Park Hotel Hillsborough

ferretman

On a one off visit to the Park last night, we were served by a very pleasant young man, then came along jobsworth, can you take your hat off he demanded ( tweed flat cap ) why i asked, No hat policy he replied, i asked do you have any signs up stating there is a no hat policy i asked ??

No pub rules Jobsworth replied, i took my hat of although disgusted drunk my pint & left

has any one else experienced this

On a one off visit to the Park last night, we were served by a very pleasant young man, then came along jobsworth, can you take your hat off he demanded ( tweed flat cap ) why i asked, No hat policy he replied, i asked do you have any signs up stating there is a no hat policy i asked ??

No pub rules Jobsworth replied, i took my hat of although disgusted drunk my pint & left

has any one else experienced this

It obscures CCTV. Some pubs have a condition on their licence that CCTV must be installed and all records kept of customers for 30 days I believe.

Is it the end of the world just because you were asked to remove it?

I got asked the same last year in the Fountain in town, on a Saturday afternoon. Was wearing a beanie hat as it was snowing and cold out, didnt want to take it off cos my hair was a mess under it. We were going to have something to eat in there, but walked out after that and went somewhere else instead.

it may be that the lad at the bar was new and not fully aware or just been to dumb to notice the hat therefore someone more experienced noticed you and asked you to remove it.... theres no law regarding signs for removal of hats... its not end of the world to sit without a hat on is it? Dont you think theres more pressing matters to worry bout in the world...

Archived